Don’t underestimate the power of one of the most common elements of your website/blog – the title tag (<title>). Google puts much emphasis on this tag and you should strongly consider it next time you update or construct your site.
Here are 5 killer rules that will improve your brand instantly and rank higher in organic Google searches.
- Every page should have a title and each page title should be different
- The title should contain no more than 65 characters (including spaces)
- The title should be unique and fresh – plan them carefully
- The title should incorporate a CTA (Call To Action), even a provocative statement (usually a verb-noun combination)
- Each page should contain and/or reflect the same keywords used in the title
And there you have it – 5 killer rules you should abide by and make it easy for Google to find your site. If you ignore your titles, your on-line brand and reputation will suffer.